I'd have to agree doc, hog vs hog battles are tricky spreading the love makes little difference any more, although drivers invariably die first.
Assuming good gunners on both and drivers suporting the gun by swinging it round to match the dodging the hog thats taken the most damage will loose.
can the guys in labs experiment on where to aim on the hog as we used to aim for the gunner?Tips:
- Put cover between you and the other hog, this throws auto aim off and separates the men from the boys.
- Keep to flat terrain, your gunner gets an easy shot you dont flip, but....brings me to my next point
- Practice trickier manoeuvres over dodgy terrain, the hog flips easy in reach and experienced drivers can use their skills where amateur drivers will fall short, frequently i've been able to purely out drive other hogs by going over a tussock at speed that will flip you whatever, they have followed and flipped landing arse over tit to find my hog firmly planted circling round them dishing spewing fiery lead based pain!
- Try to keep a good distance between the enemy hog and yours, if either blows the explosion will take you down too.
- Run home to mum, hog on hog rarely ends well unless the other one is on fire, run to your closest buddy be it a wraith or a ground pounder, small arms fire does a great deal to hogs in reach and a few extra bullets and targets will make your job a lot easier.
- Which brings me to the next point never go alone, shield swap with other vehicles, ill record a vid next time i get a good example, but its works just like small maps with team mates one pushes the enemy while the other takes pot shots, then when shields are low the first retreats and the second moves forward to take the fire, enemy hogs flounder and burn!
- Run consistent hog teams, learn to read your gunners moves and turn the hog to move the turret faster, communicate shield levels and new threats.
- if its all going to pot , stop, drop a bubble and ditch the hog, use your DMR to head-shot the occupants, 2 targets are harder to hit than one big one.
- hit scan and range are a big boon to the hog, don't stop firing till they have just gone round the corner you may still hit, and just because the reticle isn't red, you will still hit the hog has good damage at range not great, but the gun still works
- stop firing when you turn its no quicker, but you will gain cooling time on the spin
keep on hoggin doc drivers are a dieing breed, fool hardy, brave or just too set in our ways to change as the game drives on!