Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Re: Recruiting - Need Help in the War Room

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 am

For those of you that offered to help in the War Room, for now I need you to post in the War Room. The most important thing right now is that we keep sharing ideas about maps, weapons, vehicles, AAs, etc. I will start posting up times that I could help with various things. Just last night we worked on Invasion: Spire for Spartans. A guide is in the works, and will be posted as soon as a few things are tidied up a bit. But for now, what I really need is for the War Room to be active (that means actual discussion about the topic, and not random bits of forum lolz; save it for the Pit).
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Check out my Step-by-Step Guide to coming up with map guides.

We have a lot of maps in Reach. At the current pace, it's going to take me about six months to write up all the maps. Here is something I need help with.

If you don't feel you could write up a full guide, you can start with little stuff. You could write your general game plan of what you like to see happen on a map and send it to me in a PM. It doesn't need to be pretty, but it gives us somewhere to start on a map. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a couple months for map guides.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Again, I'll write up some stuff or I'm free to consult for people interested in doing a writeup. I'm sure I could piece together some callout images as well.
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Rogue Sins
Gamertag: Rogue Sins

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

If anyone needs help with anything and Im online, shoot me an invite. As of right now, something is wrong with my internet and I cant play MM because it wont put me in a game. Customs and forge are fine though.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:23 pm

When I have time during the week I'll start writing up some map guides. For now, please note how useful sprint is. ::thumbs::
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 am

I already check the War Room regularly and post in it whenever I think of something.

I have barely gunned or driven anything in Reach so far because of how often I play solo and how different the vehicles are. I would like to see people who have been more vehicular in Reach post revised vehicle strategies and testing.

I am presently stranded with sub-par stolen wireless in Mingo County, WV without my box or a TV. I can't do this research myself, but I can ask questions which can serve as a guideline. Instead of posting them here I'll see about making a new thread over in the War Room.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 pm

For those orange members that don't check the war room or use the view new posts function, I just released six questions I'd like you all to answer in each of the map threads.

Also, the Hemorrhage thread is finally live.

Please head over to the War Room for more details.

Checkpoint
Mythic Wheelman
Mythic Wheelman
Gamertag: RnR Checkpoint

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 pm

I might not be "qualified" for this as I haven't been playing with you guys a lot (besides rabidhaloninja), but I'd be willing to help out since I think I have a pretty good grasp of what and what not to do in certain situations with driving. Pretty much all I do on halo is drive since thats the only way I can really contribute to the team. ::FP::
"I will not lie, my entire agenda was trying to kill Checkpoint before he could get going." -Fidelus Phoenix

wafflynumber
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Wafflynumber

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 pm

I can help with falcon piloting and gunning.
You touch this sig again duce and I take your cat!

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:14 pm

wafflynumber wrote:
I can help with falcon piloting and gunning.

Then you should post in this thread.

:wave:

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 pm

From my last post in the War Room Updates. Here's what I am asking of the community for now:

Now, as for the rest of you. Personally, I'm not that big on Armor Abilities. I will not be expanding and writing guides myself for the Armor Ability tips. I would much rather you all get involved on that.

Also, I don't think I'll be writing full guides on using specific weapons and vehicles (except perhaps the needler in a few months). Drivers, Gunners, Banshee Pilots, Falcon pilots, Revenant users, Ghost pros, Snipers, Focus Rifle Pros, Plasma Launcher users, etc. I need you all to get involved on those threads.

A lot of times for these guides, all you need to do is compile a lot of the useful stuff into a useful format. Feel free to PM any compiled guides or such for the other topics to me. I always give people their full credit for what they do, and I will even do all the pretty forum formatting for you.

But, if you're waiting on me to write AA Tip Guides, Weapon Guides, and Vehicle Guides, you're going to be waiting forever, because I don't use power weapons, and the only vehicle I use consistently is the Warthog.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:35 pm

I posted this in the Hemorrhage Thread. I do need help with this one.

I'm bumping this for the BTB players.

I need to hear from the people who use the following weapons and vehicles if I'm going to finish this:

Snipers
Wraiths
Drivers
Gunners
Revenants
Ghosts
Objective Ninjas
Support Slayers/Plasma Launcher users

This won't get finished without input.

Come on guys. Imagine Standoff where no one realized we had to control the laser. Some of you play BTB every day and vote for Hemorrhage multiple times every day. I gotta hear how you all use these weapons and vehicles so I can finish putting this together.

Moreover, I need to know if any of you have been trying this stuff I've talked about and if it's working for you.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Smitty started a discussion in the Hogging 101 thread about using the e-brake. Louie commented and expanded into a discussion about using the camera while driving. Since this is growing, I've split the topic off into Hogging 201: Advanced Hog Driving. I'd like us to discuss using the e-brake, hand brake, camera, and countersteering (unflipping) in this thread.

So, drivers, please follow the link and join the discussion.

In addition, we're going to be trying to start a move to organize ourselves in BTB. I, myself, will play less Invasion to help out with this, but we're going to need help fleshing out new strategies and such for the BTB maps. I know all of us aren't tacticians, but most of us are intelligent and can offer feedback on what works and doesn't work when they play. So, heads up, we're going to want feedback on the BTB maps in the War Room.