Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

2016 Summer Movies

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't know how many of you tend to see blockbusters every summer, but my nerd group decided we're gonna check out Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Independence Day: Resurgence this summer.

Trailers and reasons:

Captain America: Civil War
Spoiler: show

The Captain America storyline has been the most thematically consistent and enjoyable line in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). I'm going to check out Black Panther, and see what happens with War Machine and Falcon. Also, being the latest big thing from Marvel, I stay engaged with the culture to see what's going on.

X-Men: Apocalypse

Mystique seems to be driving more of the plot this time, so I'll check it out, though I continue to despise Charles Xavier. I'm also curious to see how far Bryan Singer will take X-Men.

Independence Day: Resurgence

When I first heard this film was being made, I was instantly annoyed at what I thought was an unnecessary sequel. Now that I've seen this trailer, I am 100% on board for a film that's taking itself so seriously. They decided to commit to being set 20 years later and got a bunch of the original cast back, INCLUDING JUDD HIRSCH. This looks amazing and cheesy and over the top and I'm honestly excited for this film.

What other films are you all planning to see this summer?
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: I Who is that I

Re: 2016 Summer Movies

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm also interested in these ones too.

Suicide Squad

Warcraft

Now you see me 2

Star Trek Beyond

Jason Bourne

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about Star Trek: Beyond. Not a fan of the space-adventure style of Nu-Trek, and especially frustrated with a lot of Into Darkness.

Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Tims

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Currently looking forward to Captain America Civil War, Suicide Squad and Warcraft. I don't go to the movies often unless I want to see a particular film and these three have my attention. Civil War is the next big Marvel blockbuster and I've found those to be a very enjoyable experience, Suicide Squad looks fantastic in terms of bad guys doing crazy things and it looks like a lot of fun, and Warcraft is the franchise finally coming to the big screen so I couldn't miss that.
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Navi
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Navi

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Movie for me are : Jason Borne About time the ended it, Now you see 2 they could have played with the title a bit you know they could have called it Now you dont ::lol::. get it. star trek yes it looks good. Suicide Squad look so good the cast look great. and then of course Xmen being waiting for this movie. sad about them not casting Patrick Stewart as Charles.
"We win together we ride together Wheelmen for life"

"I always dreamed of driving but sooner or later you always have to wake up"

Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The Fundastrazs

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm personally looking forward to a lot that you guys have mentioned. Captain America: Civil War because Captain America is my favorite Avenger, and I love the exploration of the extra characters coming into play in this feature.
Jason Bourne because the Bourne movies are my favorite of all time (Except Bourne Legacy). They are just so well put together that I'm hoping this one builds off of the original trilogy.
Star Trek Beyond because I LOVE the new Star Trek movies. So many inside jokes that reference the original series or the original movies that make it really interesting to watch and see how they kick things up a notch.
I'm not sure about the others... they seem mildly interesting. I'll probably wait until they get to the cheap theater before watching them.

CINCO
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM Cinco

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:42 am

I will pass on avengers and x-men even though they are my two favorite sets of characters in this movie list. I simply hated the last x-men and didn't even see age of ultron yet.

I bet suicide squad, star trek and independence day will be good. for some reason I'm really looking forward to independence day.
[redacted]

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman

Fri May 06, 2016 10:57 am

AV Club posted a list of every summer movie coming out.

http://www.avclub.com/summer-movie-preview-2016/

I'm so not interested in almost all of this.

The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty

Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 am

HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW NOW YOU SEE ME WAS GETTING A SEQUEL. I loved the first movie, it was white as hell but the modern interpretation of magical realism was a blast to witness. Plus I loved the metaphor they were subtly bopping people on the nose with when it was more or less stated that money itself is a belief system, a system of faith that your dollar is worth something and can be used to exchange for material goods.

Also I have surprisingly heard good things about Civil War? I mean, I haven't heard that it's a stunning movie or anything, but it's not nearly the trainwreck that Avengers 2 was, apparently.
"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

M3CH4 N1NJ4
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM M3CH4 N1NJ4

Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I am just so mixed on Ghostbusters. I \want\ it to be good.
People I owe sodas: Sarge, Duce, Brick, Waldebie