Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Cheeseball
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Cheeseball

Re: STAR WARS: Rogue One

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:09 am

I can't remember where I heard, but I believe they're only doing these one-off movies in between the next 2 parts of the trilogy
Helljumpers Old Guard

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:55 pm

1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Wiggles
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: HWM The WigL

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:07 am

I truly did enjoy the film. They did all of the fight scenes a great justice by really bringing them into the new age of cgi.

Below are some of my biggest problems with the movie, and contain some spoilers, so be warned.
Spoiler: show
My first problem with the movie was that you never really got a chance to form a connection with any of the main characters, and you'll never see them again, so really this was just a filler movie. I didn't like that, because it's literally Disney saying give me all your moneys.

Also, I truly did enjoy seeing how closely they could match everyone's faces with cgi. It was so realistic I had look and make sure it wasn't the same actor. Very excited for what they can do with episode 8 and beyond now.

Finally, I couldn't stand the whole plot line. It felt rushed in parts they needed to slowndown, and really slow in places that could have been rushed. IE 4 minutes to kill Forest Whittaker but only 2 seconds to kill the main antagonist.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Saw the film. It was an alright film. I think it's an enjoyable film if you're a Star Wars fan and appreciate the decently-used bits of nostalgia. Think it qualifies as a really well-done fan film.

Bar has gotten lower for me with Disney films. Characters felt a lot like filler in most cases. Wasn't sure what everyone's motivations were and some things were talked at us instead of shown.

Overall, liked the theme about the human cost of these moments in Star Wars that are only mentioned.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

dodgingRuby
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Gamertag: dodging ruby

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:21 pm

I really enjoyed the film but to be honest I didn't like the little bits of nostalgia in the film; seemed a bit distracting at times.

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:16 pm

I really enjoyed Rogue One! We saw it Christmas Day and I had a super fun time, especially the fight sequence at the end with the footage from A New Hope using some of the old fighter pilots. That made me giggle and happy.

It felt like Dirty Dozen met Star Wars, I really enjoyed all of the new characters, and even cried...

...when Chirrrut and Baze were killed. Sobbed like a damn baby.

There were a few issues, including one line from a bad guy that made me cringe. But otherwise a great romp and a lot of fun!
This sig available for rent.