Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Soundtracks

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:15 pm

I don't know how many other people are into soundtracks, but here's some songs from the movie Camp that I enjoy. This movie is...well...campy... But it's a funny movie about a specific type of nerdiness and I can't help but love this silly movie. Here are three of my favorite songs:

This is the opening song of the entire movie and it's amazing, "How Shall I See You Through My Tears?"
Spoiler: show

This is my favorite song in the entire film. "Here's Where I Stand"

Finally, I like this song as well. "Century Plant"
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes

Re: Soundtracks

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Ah see I got excited for a moment here that you meant 'Scores' when you said soundtracks, but then I remembered you saying you don't do film/video game scores so I got confused.

You know what film has a good soundtrack?

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Another film with a great soundtrack?

The Hobbit
You have "Blunt The Knives"
[youtube][/youtube]

Then "The Misty Mountains Cold"

Of course there is always Ed Sheerans song "I See Fire"

Not from the same film, it's from the third one, but probably by far my favourite because Billy Boyd sings it and I love his voice it's called "The Last Goodbye"

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Now THIS is my jam!! A few tidbits that are always on repeat for me, excluding the Halo soundtracks because I think that goes without saying in this group. :D

Bastion OST, overall an excellent soundtrack with a western/hard rock/folk/electric mix. One of my favorites is Bryn The Breaker, gives you a great sense of the overall feeling of the soundtrack:

Trocadero is an awesome band with a great catalog that also does the music for Red vs Blue over at Rooster Teeth. All their music is worth listening to.

I'm a huge fan of John Williams, and some of his best stuff is the music that isn't the iconic theme moments, but orchestral pieces that work perfectly in concert and in movies. My absolute favorite is the Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The entire soundtrack to Ori and the Blind Forest is gorgeous, and while the game is excellent the soundtrack is the reason I kept fighting through a SUPER tough game. It also features some beautiful oboe solos, exciting melodies, and is just a joy to listen to.

There's a few to chew on. And some of my favorites.

....ok wait one more, because Jeff Williams also does outstanding soundtracks for Rooster Teeth, and the Revelation OST features some overall excellent music. Including me. I recorded oboe and English horn for a few pieces, my favorite being Epilogue:

This sig available for rent.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:40 pm

See I figured this thread was for soundtracks aka songs that are part of/featured in a film. If we are doing scores though I'll be flooding this place with 7 minute instrumentals from all over the place.

I'll make a separate thread about scores and favourite composers.

The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:30 pm

OboeCrazy wrote:
Bastion OST, overall an excellent soundtrack with a western/hard rock/folk/electric mix. One of my favorites is Bryn The Breaker, gives you a great sense of the overall feeling of the soundtrack:

AAAHHH I AM SO HAPPY BASTION IS IN HERE! The OST is the reason I played the game, it is so fantastic! I also love the OST of Transistor.

And of course, Okami needs a mention.

"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Swift Strider wrote:
See I figured this thread was for soundtracks aka songs that are part of/featured in a film. If we are doing scores though I'll be flooding this place with 7 minute instrumentals from all over the place.

Soundtrack to me is any music composed specifically to pair with a piece of media...movie, tv, video game, that kind of thing. Original Soundtracks. OST :D. However I didn't create the thread, I just flooded it with my favorites

And Kitty, I wish I had a Playstation so I could play Transistor!
This sig available for rent.

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 pm

OboeCrazy wrote:
Swift Strider wrote:

Soundtrack to me is any music composed specifically to pair with a piece of media...movie, tv, video game, that kind of thing. Original Soundtracks. OST :D. However I didn't create the thread, I just flooded it with my favorites

Oh I totally agree Oboe! I've just had the talk with Sarge numerous times about video game music/movie scores and why he can't get into them or they don't do anything for him. He is all for the instrumental music in the moment, but out of that moment he just finds it weird to listen too, hence why I was surprised he made thread about soundtracks but then it made sense when he was talking about lyrical songs featured in a film/piece of media.

Transistor has to be a top when it comes to video game soundtracks, so many of the lyrical songs are top notch and even the instrumentals are superb. I recommend watching a play through if you don't get to play the game yourself. Paper Boats is my favourite song from that one.

On a side note I never knew you played in the RvB soundtrack, that's awesome! So many good songs in there I jam out to at work. OMG Contact (Redux)??? As if I didn't love the original I love this one even more!

Bastion is also a topnotch game, and I love how they mixed the two best themes of the game (Zulf's and Zia's) into one song.

The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:44 pm

OboeCrazy wrote:

Oh it's on PC, too! Doesn't take much to run it either.
"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:01 am

One of my favourite movies from 2013, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

The Wolves and The Ravens - Rogue Valley

Stay Alive - José González

Step Out - José González

Lake Michigan - Rogue Wave

Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men

Wake Up - Arcade Fire

Escape - Jack Johnson

Seriously, I love this film and it was a real pick me up when I was feeling really low and the soundtrack is so amazing as it fits the themes of the film great and they are just all very uplifting songs.

I will wait for someone else to make a post before posting my next soundtrack.