Page 7 of 10

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 pm
by Chicken
Never read the books but I went on hbo go and in two days watched season 1 and 2 I devoured them, they were great and I am excited for season 3 :D

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 am
by Icebird
Read the books! They really nerfed Jon Snow's storyline from book 2. Season 3 is going to be insane! The 3rd book is my favorite of the series so far, and there's some really epic moments that should be at the very least amazing on film.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm
by BUfels
Icebird wrote:
Read the books! They really nerfed Jon Snow's storyline from book 2. Season 3 is going to be insane! The 3rd book is my favorite of the series so far, and there's some really epic moments that should be at the very least amazing on film.

I second this so much. The series PINEAPPLE up littlefinger, robb, Cat, and lots of John's story. What the hell was with the second season! Couldn't stand it, they strayed from the books far too much.

Also agreed that Storm is an incredible book and the best of the series.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 am
by Witney
Whoa... last reply was 4 Years ago??? Let me just give this a spark and Revive it. The most interesting thing about last night's episode for me was the who Coup by the Sexy sand snakes.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 am
by Monster
Reddit hated that coup, namely the book readers. This entire start seemed lazy and not really Game of Thrones esque, but perhaps that's due to the writers coming up with the material themselves now instead of having a solid 5 book source.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am
by Sarge
I have a very low investment in Game of Thrones at the moment for a lot of their lazy worldbuilding and storytelling. This episode did little to ameliorate that, but it had to establish the new status quo for the season. There were a few amusing exchanges, but overall the show is kinda boring for me at this point. I only watch it as part of my local nerd group's social activities.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 am
by CINCO
I watch this show almost every week for my wife, but don't really like the show.

Spoiler: show
it was annoying that it seems like they are trying to turn one character into daredevil towards the end

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 am
by Monster
ClNCO wrote:
I watch this show almost every week for my wife, but don't really like the show.

Spoiler: show
it was annoying that it seems like they are trying to turn one character into daredevil towards the end


Have you read the books Cinco?

Spoiler: show
That exchange was one of the closer book ties this episode had, the faceless men in the house of black and white has arya blind and she learns to be blind and after completion she gets her sight back. I am okay with the scene, it doesnt happen in the streets and there is much more behind it, but it will do I suppose.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:02 am
by Swift Strider
Sarge wrote:
I have a very low investment in Game of Thrones at the moment for a lot of their lazy worldbuilding and storytelling. This episode did little to ameliorate that, but it had to establish the new status quo for the season. There were a few amusing exchanges, but overall the show is kinda boring for me at this point. I only watch it as part of my local nerd group's social activities.


I feel like this is Sarge and 70% of the current media he consumes. He does it because it's current and others do but lowkey hates it or finds it uninteresting xD

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 am
by HWM What Name
The show is now the equivalent of a late night's 10th cigarette. You don't need it, and honestly you don't really want it. But here we are, indulging.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:57 pm
by Monster
Euron "Im the Pineappling man" Greyjoy is here boys. Hype levels increase.

Spoiler: show
On a more serious note. Jon snow being alive. Lame as Pineapple, lets be real no other character comes back, why is he special (Pineapple this whole azor azai prophecy) Secondly Roose "Im on the loose" Bolton, is not, sadly, being fed to the dogs. The Ramsay storyline will be interesting to see how it works with Jon and the rest of the North.

Also Tower of Joy. This could be incredibly crucial moving forward to everything

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:38 pm
by Witney
What is dead may never die.

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:45 pm
by Biggles
Monster wrote:
Euron "Im the Pineappling man" Greyjoy is here boys. Hype levels increase.

Spoiler: show
On a more serious note. Jon snow being alive. Lame as Pineapple, lets be real no other character comes back, why is he special (Pineapple this whole azor azai prophecy) Secondly Roose "Im on the loose" Bolton, is not, sadly, being fed to the dogs. The Ramsay storyline will be interesting to see how it works with Jon and the rest of the North.

Also Tower of Joy. This could be incredibly crucial moving forward to everything


As i mentioned on Skype, I think the whole Azor Azai thing was inevitable with Jon. Show-wise, they've been leading towards it, and same goes for the book (from my understanding.)

Where in the show did they talk about the Tower of Joy? Did I miss something?

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:50 pm
by Monster
The Tower of Joy was briefly mentioned in the first season by Ned when he was having his fever. However in the books it was a massive point of discussion.

Spoiler: show
The quick and dirty of the ToJ is that Jon Snows heritage is unknown. In the Tower of Joy Ned finds Lyanna (his sister) in there after an epic fight and she is holding a babe after giving birth and dying. The theory is that Lyanna was hooking up with Rhaegar Targaryan and they had a child, this child is assumed to be Jon snow. So he is Neds nephew, instead of bastard boy. The ToJ flashback is what people will base the lineages on and it is a massive part to moving Jon's story forward

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:50 am
by Jon
I'm so happy. I've been so hyped for the revive since the end of season 5.