Witney
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: I Who is that I

Re: Game of Thrones

Fri May 20, 2016 9:41 am

OboeCrazy wrote:
Sarge wrote:
getting people naked is one of their priorities.

And mine.

Also mine.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jackie

Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Hold the door.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Damn, what a well done episode.

Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM TheBigL

Sun May 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Monster wrote:
Damn, what a well done episode.

Best of the season so far. Rumor is that E6 will be the E9's of past. The writers want to break the habit if Ep. 9 being the BIG one of the season... should be interesting. FYI: the title next week is "Blood of my blood." So it's either Dany related, or Jon's origins.. OR, after this last episode, related to the White Walkers / First Men.

Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 am

"Lieutenant Bran, you ain't got no legs..."

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Tue May 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Not thrilled with Bran getting time travel powers. Definitely feels like they can be used to cop out of plot messes down the road.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Tue May 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Well the way it looks to me is that the past is set in stone, whenever he effects it in some way the results are already part of his current present. Before he even got his powers, Hodor was Hodor. He can't change the present, he already changed it before he was even born.

Monster
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Title: Admin
Gamertag: HWM Monster

Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Sarge wrote:
Not thrilled with Bran getting time travel powers. Definitely feels like they can be used to cop out of plot messes down the road.

Reddit actually has decent points that it A) wasnt time travel and B) this was how the books realistically set up hodor. The show may abuse it but I thusfar dont have issues.

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm

One of the Polygon team members posted an editorial arguing that Dany is likely going to die in the show, citing that Martin's work has a very dim view of conquerors (Stannis, Renly, Robb, etc all dead). Also, the series also likes to avoid fantasy conventions, and a giant battle between "OP dragons" and white walkers with a united Westeros seems unlikely with the way the series has function up tot his point.

Someone over at Washington Post also argued in support of the Night King taking over Westeros. They pointed out the constant brutality used by every ruler and conqueror in Westerors compared to the Night King affectionately taking a discarded baby and bringing it into their fold.
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:11 pm

If Dany dies, it will be because of overconfidence and/or trusting other people too much. That's what got all those others killed, not because they were conquerors per se. The characters that survive are those that view everyone as a threat and don't underestimate people. Some of those characters are good people and some are bad. Jon was too trusting and died, but was brought back and now he has the proper world view to survive. Dany has trusted in people too much, expecting them to just fall in line and agree with her views. I think Tyrion is there to make up for that for right now. Either she will make more mistakes based on her overconfidence and die or something will happen to make her realize she is vulnerable like everyone else and she will live. Every major death really, has been based around the theme of being too trusting and expecting other people to act as morally as themselves or being overconfident and believing that nothing could touch them.

OboeCrazy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: OboeCrazy

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Sarge wrote:
Someone over at Washington Post also argued in support of the Night King taking over Westeros. They pointed out the constant brutality used by every ruler and conqueror in Westerors compared to the Night King affectionately taking a discarded baby and bringing it into their fold.

While that's an interesting argument, right now that moment is the only time in the show we've seen the White Walkers do anything but attack and brutally kill everyone they encounter. They've even gone out of their way to attack and kill those who are not currently attacking them (Bran's group, many of the Wildlings that fled with John). The baby is an as yet unexplained anomaly among a constant brutal slaughter of every living being they find.

I hold out hope for Danny, though I know any character can die at any time. However the idea of seeing her and Yara team up to go be kick ass women and take over Westeros with a Dothraki army and the best ships in the world makes me SOOOO HAPPY that I know it'll probably go horribly wrong.
This sig available for rent.

Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:35 am

Battle of Bastards coming up this Sunday!

I hope this is the "Hardhome" of this season.

Time for Wun Wun to go full tank mode on Ramsay.

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:15 pm

"WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -Me during most of that episode. So good.

Spoilers
Spoiler: show
RIP Wun-Wun and Rickon

Jazzy
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: HWM Jazzy

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:31 pm

For all the old school internet meme nerds
I do not sponsor recruits for clan status

Jackie
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:30 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S ALL HAPPENING!!!!!!!

SPOILERS
THE NORTH KNOWS NO KING BUT THE KING IN THE NORTH THAT KNOWS NOTHING! Dany is coming, Jamie is finally gonna turn against Cersei, Bran is coming back with the knowledge of who Jon's real parents are, Arya is getting her revenge. I can't wait 10 months.