Get in the Hog if you want to live!

Chicken
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
Gamertag: OcR Chicken

Re: The Swine Flu

Fri May 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Yeah, honestly just not too worried about it since the only death was a small child and he probably didn't have a fully developed immune system. Since the normal flu kills like 33,000 in America a year, versus that one on an infant with swine flu. I'd have to agree with it's a media hype. Still, I hate how people are still going on vacations to Mexico City and stuff. We don't need to be sick with it though either.
Thanks for the awesome sig Houdini!
Roweblast wrote:
I murdered a bunch of fish today
I'm going to eat them tommorow
that is all...

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Fri May 01, 2009 3:41 pm

You can catch stuff which is so much worse by walking in your own garden with bare feet. Than this Swine flu which isn't very toxic. Its being hyped alot and you shouldn't worry too much about it. Theres so much more deadly infectious material all around you than this.

Sig by TuffJuice

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Swine flu =/= Spanish Flu.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

Verismael
Gunner
Gunner

Sat May 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Relaaaax, I have a crazy scheme for just about every apocalypse you can think of, don't worry.

First post on this site I think.

Zer0
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Ah Zer0

Sat May 02, 2009 3:41 pm

I phoned our national health service hotline today to see if i could get any more information about this so called swine Flu, the line was pretty bad i only heard crackling.

Sorry ::lol::

H3WM TsengMao wrote:
Cannonman1944 wrote:
I really want out of school because of this.

::FP:: ::FAIL::

Double ::FAIL:: if you ask me...

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Sat May 02, 2009 4:06 pm

I had to cancel a trip I was going to have this summer with my friends to mexico because of this. ::evil::
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

TediousPie
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: Pie x MT

Sat May 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Nuff said..

EDIT: Damnit.. Henri beat me to it. =[
Last edited by TediousPie on Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Spartan Laser 2 for 1's (on foot soldiers) - 99
Current Spartan Laser 3 for 1's (on foot soldiers) - 9

elitespartan117
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: bigardojr

Sat May 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Henri wrote:
Finally we know what caused it

This is not true I'm just having fun with it

My history teacher shjowed us that same pic! ::lol::
Proud member of the Helljumper "pink" swords...
I finally get my heroic gunner in halo 3, and they don't track halo 3 stats anymore :'(

Capt Fiddler
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Capt Fiddler

Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 pm

::lol:: I just stumbledupon that pic earlier. I remember seeing it without the caption, but that fits perfectly!
I buy books like some people buy shoes.

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Mon May 04, 2009 8:13 am

oh so your telling me not to worry ONLY 60% of the worlds population is going to die off? IN THAT CASE, who wants ice cream?

::FAIL::
Swine Flu =/= Normal Flu.

When you get a stomach bug and a headache you don't have the flue you have a cold.
Flu is when you can't get out of bed as well as some other effects it's not life threatening.
Your at risk of getting much worse in everyday life.

Sig by TuffJuice

Bloody Initiate
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Mon May 04, 2009 8:58 am

Henri wrote:
Finally we know what caused it

This is not true I'm just having fun with it

LOL

Effing kids putting everything in their mouths.

The weird thing with swine flu is it seems to hit the young and healthy particularly hard.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw "healthy"

Personally I think I should go out and buy some pork tenderloins for the Barbeque. Since "swine" is in front of the word "flu" everyone thinks you can get it from eating pork (you can't, that's stupid anyway as even if it WAS in pork you would kill it when you cooked it) so the price of hogs is plummeting. NOW is the time to buy pork products and even stocks in pork if you're into that.
^ Credits to Mics R4 Chumps

~Loki~
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Loki Kola

Mon May 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Swine flu and Avian flu (and the Spanish flu of 1918) tend to hit the young and healthy so hard because of what is known as a 'cytokyne storm'. Basically, their immune system overreacts to the viral invasion by producing an excessive amount of cytokynes, which causes extreme damage to bodily tissue. So, having a strong immune system is, in this case, actually a disadvantage. Those who'd normally be more at risk, like those older than forty, they only have to fight the actual virus, and not the autoimmune symptoms it causes in the young.

But, as I'll say again, these diseases are not, at the moment, anything like Spanish Influezna was. Sure, Bird flu, Swine flu, Spanish flu, they're all highly infectious, but so is normal flu. If this was anything like Spanish flu, as the media likes to assert, a million people would already be dead.

If you're going to masturbate, please don't do it verbally.

Imt: A very rare species of sea creature, that tends to live on peoples faces. The only living one at the moment is currently occuping houdini's face.

TruthPastor GBG
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: truthpastor gbg

Mon May 04, 2009 6:02 pm

They have closed several schools in our area and likely are going to close more.

I encourage all of you to pray for those areas and those infected. It is my understanding that this is a pretty wicked bug!

Nautical Onion
Passenger Gunner
Passenger Gunner
Gamertag: Some Polish Jew

Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 am

Overjoyedkitten wrote:
Nautical Onion wrote:
People get panicky about stuff like this all the time, relax guy. Where have you heard the information about this flu? The media. How do the media make money? Selling newspapers and magazines with over-exaggerated stories to make us by them. Its just hype.

One paper I read in compared it to the massive outbreak in 1915 (or whenever the date was) when like 60% or something of the worlds population died off. Its just a way to create hype, Hype = moneyz = Rich Magazine companys = Happy Magazine companys.

I sneezed today and my friend jumped back and stayed away from me the whole day, thats what the media does to people.

oh so your telling me not to worry ONLY 60% of the worlds population is going to die off? IN THAT CASE, who want's ice cream?

You didn't get what I was trying to say. They compared it to that outbreak. Its another tool of the media trying to brainwash us into bying more magazines becuase we all think we are going to die. 150-200 people die from it, and they says its going to be like the outbreak of 1915? Its all just fear mongering. Fear motivates people, and smart buisnessmen and women know how to use it effectivly.

EDIT:
~Loki~ wrote:
Swine flu and Avian flu (and the Spanish flu of 1918) tend to hit the young and healthy so hard because of what is known as a 'cytokyne storm'. Basically, their immune system overreacts to the viral invasion by producing an excessive amount of cytokynes, which causes extreme damage to bodily tissue. So, having a strong immune system is, in this case, actually a disadvantage. Those who'd normally be more at risk, like those older than forty, they only have to fight the actual virus, and not the autoimmune symptoms it causes in the young.

But, as I'll say again, these diseases are not, at the moment, anything like Spanish Influezna was. Sure, Bird flu, Swine flu, Spanish flu, they're all highly infectious, but so is normal flu. If this was anything like Spanish flu, as the media likes to assert, a million people would already be dead.

Didn't read Loki's post, but he is saying what I am trying to say. I mean the outbreak of 1918, not 1915.

wafflynumber
Passenger Wheelman
Passenger Wheelman
Gamertag: Wafflynumber

Tue May 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Roflolmao fail My virus was so good it killed everyone and no one had it any more ::FAIL:: ::FAIL:: ::FAIL::
You touch this sig again duce and I take your cat!