Get in the Hog if you want to live!

 
User avatar
Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Posts: 1411
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm
Gamertag: HWM Tims
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Since this thread is getting a lot of traction right now I figured I'd join in. I can't take a lab selfie but I think a dirty mirror bathroom selfie is good enough (complete with a cut up shirt from an old high school theatre show to boot).

Spoiler: show
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame
 
User avatar
Swift Strider
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Posts: 1679
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm
Gamertag: HWM Swift
Tumblr: throwinsixes
Location: Letworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:44 am

I trimmed my beard!
Spoiler: show
 
User avatar
Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Posts: 1411
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm
Gamertag: HWM Tims
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 am

Swift Strider wrote:
I trimmed my beard!
Spoiler: show
That 'stache is a beaut
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame
 
allyjoy83
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 am
Gamertag: allyjoy83

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 am

I'm really really really happy about this ... and it's all shiny and new
Spoiler: show
Image
 
User avatar
Criporc
Hog Specialist
Hog Specialist
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Gamertag: HWM Criporc
Location: Canadarp
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Woot! Tattoos are awesome, and yours looks great! What does it mean to you?
When I grow up to be a Waterfall, I'm gonna wear a helmet.
Image
 
allyjoy83
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 am
Gamertag: allyjoy83

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 am

Criporc wrote:
Woot! Tattoos are awesome, and yours looks great! What does it mean to you?

(minor rant)
Spoiler: show
I always find that such a strange question - that there's this expectation that a tattoo [b]must[b] have some deep meaning. No one ever asks what meaning my rings or necklaces have. I think it's fair that some people just want to decorate their bodies or show their fandoms, or whatever without attributing some deeper story behind it. Plus, the things we think are totally meaningful in our youth may be proven untrue as we age. So, when one is like ~20, and they're putting The Fault in Our Stars quotes on their rib cage because [insert reason here], they may regret that decision in 10 years when they realize that idea(l) no longer applies. Maybe someone just really likes pineapples so s/he gets a pineapple tattoo (no censorship) - no long story about how the pineapple represents his/her soul and how s/he is a hard exterior, but there's a lot of sweetness inside ... yadda yadda yadda. Nope, s/he just likes pineapples. /rant


With that said, mandalas are used as a form of meditation by some Buddhists. There is symmetry in the art, and the process is about centering. I wanted something to remind me to focus inward, or ground myself (I don't really know how to explain it). I wanted to use the tattoo process as part of a "meditation," and, ultimately, have a nice decoration for the trouble.
Image
 
User avatar
Jonesy
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Posts: 896
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 am
Gamertag: l Jonesy I
Location: England
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:32 am

allyjoy83 wrote:
(minor rant)
Spoiler: show
I always find that such a strange question - that there's this expectation that a tattoo [b]must[b] have some deep meaning. No one ever asks what meaning my rings or necklaces have. I think it's fair that some people just want to decorate their bodies or show their fandoms, or whatever without attributing some deeper story behind it. Plus, the things we think are totally meaningful in our youth may be proven untrue as we age. So, when one is like ~20, and they're putting The Fault in Our Stars quotes on their rib cage because [insert reason here], they may regret that decision in 10 years when they realize that idea(l) no longer applies. Maybe someone just really likes pineapples so s/he gets a pineapple tattoo (no censorship) - no long story about how the pineapple represents his/her soul and how s/he is a hard exterior, but there's a lot of sweetness inside ... yadda yadda yadda. Nope, s/he just likes pineapples. /rant



Yes. Yes and more Yes.
Cannot describe how much that statement makes me smile ::thumbs::
I have some tattoo's which have some deep meaning and are special; but I have others just because i think they looking Pineappling awesome
Don't take life too seriously, or you'll never get out alive
 
User avatar
Fundastraz
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:31 am
Gamertag: The Fundastrazs
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm

allyjoy83 wrote:
(minor rant)
Spoiler: show
I always find that such a strange question - that there's this expectation that a tattoo [b]must[b] have some deep meaning. No one ever asks what meaning my rings or necklaces have. I think it's fair that some people just want to decorate their bodies or show their fandoms, or whatever without attributing some deeper story behind it. Plus, the things we think are totally meaningful in our youth may be proven untrue as we age. So, when one is like ~20, and they're putting The Fault in Our Stars quotes on their rib cage because [insert reason here], they may regret that decision in 10 years when they realize that idea(l) no longer applies. Maybe someone just really likes pineapples so s/he gets a pineapple tattoo (no censorship) - no long story about how the pineapple represents his/her soul and how s/he is a hard exterior, but there's a lot of sweetness inside ... yadda yadda yadda. Nope, s/he just likes pineapples. /rant



Be careful about what you say around here. You were caught up in the middle of it earlier, but make sure to remember that pineapples are a touchy subject around here.

In all seriousness, I love this explanation. Good for you to have thought this out all the way.
 
allyjoy83
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 am
Gamertag: allyjoy83

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:32 am

Fundastraz wrote:
allyjoy83 wrote:
You were caught up in the middle of it earlier, but make sure to remember that pineapples are a touchy subject around here.


I use what will engage people most, but everyone knows I respect the pineapple.
Image
 
User avatar
Criporc
Hog Specialist
Hog Specialist
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Gamertag: HWM Criporc
Location: Canadarp
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:18 pm

I got some pics that I found in my phone from when I was in China.

My brother and I in a field with some yaks. I'm the one with the hat on the right.
Spoiler: show


Some piggies!
Spoiler: show

When I grow up to be a Waterfall, I'm gonna wear a helmet.
Image
 
User avatar
Biggles
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 pm
Gamertag: HWM TheBigL
Location: North East PA

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Criporc wrote:
I got some pics that I found in my phone from when I was in China.

My brother and I in a field with some yaks. I'm the one with the hat on the right.
Spoiler: show


Some piggies!
Spoiler: show



In that first pic you look like a skinnier, younger Shia LaBeouf.
Image
 
User avatar
Jon
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 pm
Title: Developer
Gamertag: HWM Jon
Location: Florida

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:59 pm

OMG that's why Criporc always looks familiar to me!
 
User avatar
Tims
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Posts: 1411
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm
Gamertag: HWM Tims
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:00 pm

TheBigL wrote:
Criporc wrote:
I got some pics that I found in my phone from when I was in China.

My brother and I in a field with some yaks. I'm the one with the hat on the right.
Spoiler: show


Some piggies!
Spoiler: show



In that first pic you look like a skinnier, younger Shia LaBeouf.

That's what I said!
2/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame
 
User avatar
YellowTailx
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:38 am
Gamertag: HWM YellowTailx
Location: Los Angeles

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Hell yeah Cri tame those yaks!
Image

"By Grabthar's hammer...you shall be avenged!" - RIP

Image
 
User avatar
The1 NinjaKitty
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:07 pm
Gamertag: The1 NinjaKitty
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: What do you look like in RL?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Image

Enjoying the last of winter
"Don't talk smack, just carry harder."

Kitty's Happy Place

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
GZIP: Off