Get in the Hog if you want to live!

H3WM alistaro
Apprentice GP
Apprentice GP
Gamertag: H3WM alistaro

Where have I been?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey guys, no I haven't forgotten about this friendly community although it may have seemed that way. For the last few months I have been quite busy, with school, trying to get into uni, and just some personal problems.

Recently, I have been having fun with some of you on call of duty, I have been finding it a lot more enjoyable than halo reach...

... until today. For some reason, today I decided to play halo reach. I found it very enjoyable after playing a couple of team slayer and team snipers games. I struggle to remember why I transfered to COD late last year. I have a lot of points and will probably buy the maps, depending on whether you guys think I should???

Also, if you want to play with me, simply send me a message telling me who you are and a friend request, I have a lot of spaces and free time :D

Looking forward to playing once more with the community - H3WM alistaro (gamertag)

DOM
Legendary Gunner
Legendary Gunner
Gamertag: HWM DOMIN8

Re: Where have I been?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Change your tag to HWM and sure..... lol...

Glad to see you around again... ditch that shit cod tough....
Retired Admin (even though current "leadership" doesn't acknowledge it.)

brickfungus
Role Unknown
Role Unknown
Title: Owner
Gamertag: HWM BrickFungus

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:59 pm

good to see you back... and i highly recommend the new maps. 2 great hogging maps and another great indoor all around map.

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=11837 to see our thoughts ;)
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE

I'M A LEGEND IN MY SPARE TIME

ChiliDawg
Ground Pounder
Ground Pounder
Gamertag: RedHotJimiPeppr

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:02 pm

HWM DOMIN8 wrote:
ditch that poop cod tough....
I am offend. Bant?

Welcome back!
Last edited by ChiliDawg on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJ
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM RJ

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 pm

On the condition that you change your name to HWM Alistaro (or w/e you feel like). :)
1/3 of the HWM U-Haul Trifecta

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Sarge
Wheelman
Wheelman
Title: Retired Admin
Gamertag: HWM Sarge
Tumblr: bengiyo

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Glad to see you made it back to the forums. Make sure you check them all out while you're here.

::thumbs::
1/2 of the BR Leech Octagon Hall of Fame

Cruckeyee
Master Wheelman
Master Wheelman
Gamertag: HWM Cruckeyee

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

'Sup Ali!Good to see you back.

The time has come, and so have I

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I also recently played Reach after a long time not playing it and all it did was convince me that armour lock ruined halo

Black Knight
Heroic GP
Heroic GP
Gamertag: HWM BlacKnight

Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:57 pm

crunchUK wrote:
I also recently played Reach after a long time not playing it and all it did was convince me that armour lock ruined halo

It's not that significant in BTB and theres going to be a classic playlist soon with no AA's :]

Sig by TuffJuice

crunchUK
Master Ground Pounder
Master Ground Pounder
Gamertag: a3ec

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:12 am

Black Knight wrote:
crunchUK wrote:

It's not that significant in BTB and theres going to be a classic playlist soon with no AA's :]

Awesome, I might just have to play Reach a whole lot more. But seriously, coming over from another game you think "hey this is pretty awesome it's sci fi and sh*t I've forgotten what that was like" and then you'll get into some DMR battle and you'll think "Hell yeah this is pretty fun why did I ever stop playing, this gun is awesome" and then you'll get into a vehicle and think "AWESOME I've forgotten what vehicles that didn't just float in the sky and let you blow up red squares were like!!" and you'll be having lots of fun until the fateful moment where someone goes all whitish and sparky and you'll just stand staring at him, because of course that kill should have been yours, you put so much EFFORT into taking him down, the only thing you can think of is finishing him off but then OH NO his buddy has arrived to help him out, suddenly you're dead and he is not, when it should have been the other way round. It's very upsetting.

I'd go as far as saying it's the most annoying thing I've ever encountered in multiplayer gaming. Hell it was enough to make me play MW2 for an extended period of time, even though I hated it in the halo 3 era. Speaking of MW2, I think the reason why Alistaro wondered why he was ever playing it in the first place is because it's so very easy. It's not like halo where you're constantly getting outmatched and learning new things all the time - It seems there's a vastly higher proportion of nubs than in halo, and in a typical game a k/d of 2.0-3.0 is to be expected, especially if they're too stupid to spawn with missile launchers and blow up your harrier, which usually gives you a free AC130 which is ridiculously powerful. After a while you're just stuck in the same routine because it works so often and so effectively.

Anyway yeah, I kinda lost track there... I do like maption sack though, but more because everyone and their dog is compelled to use jetpack rather than because of the actual maps (although they are pretty good apart from a few with naff framerates). Really though the features surrounding the multiplayer in Reach are years ahead of any other game - Theater, forge, custom game options, firefight options, Co op (and options), file shares, file recommend thingies, stats pages... it's just mind blowing and they make me almost wish I was compelled to play the game more often

Oh and welcome back Alistaro... lol

Heroic Wheelman
Heroic Wheelman
Gamertag: AH Haut

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:01 am

crunchUK wrote:

i dunno man, team slayer the one thing I disliked above all in halo 3 was nade spam, and armorlock removes its effectiveness, that alone makes it my first choice on small maps.

btb...sprint or bubble.